The Lipof Fellowship
Newton News is proud to offer The Lipof Fellowship at NewTV. This internship program is open to Junior and Senior college students who are majoring in Journalism, English, or Communications. The internship will enable students to get the hands-on, one man band experience necessary to enter the broadcast journalism world.
You’ll be shooting, writing, and editing stories for our weekly newscast. The successful candidate will learn non-linear editing using Final Cut Pro and will shoot with JVC HM-700U cameras. Prior technical experience is a bonus but not a requirement. The ability to write stories in a clear, concise, and compelling manner is extremely important. In addition to a $2,500 stipend, students may also earn college credit depending upon the specifications of their particular school. Each semester, one applicant will be selected to become a member of the Newton News team and have a resume reel ready by the time you’re done.
• Three month or full semester program
• 20 hours per week with flexible hours
• You’ll be expected to produce two news stories per week, with an average length of two to three minutes but that length may vary. Additionally, you may be asked to assist with the production of other NewTV programs
• The first day will primarily consist of learning to use the JVC HM700U camera, shooting a story and editing on Final Cut Pro
• The program ends at the end of your semester
• Applicants must have access to a vehicle since many assignments are not easily accessible via public transportation
• For further information call Jenn Adams, News Director at 617-965-7200 ext. 121 or email at email@example.com